Individuals and sporting clubs have the responsibility of playing their part in preventing the spread of infection through participation in sport. In the light of Covid-19, HIV and other blood-borne viruses, Students, officials, instructors and first aiders can be blood aware by following some simple guidelines and encouraging each other to do likewise. schools can be blood aware by adopting an infectious disease policy, and maintaining a safe and clean environment for members and spectators alike.
Key concepts covered in this course:
- Types of infectious diseases encountered in martial arts
- How these infectious diseases are transmitted
- The risk involved with these diseases
- How the spread of these disease can be avoided
- Discrimination against members with infectious disease