In this section kids have told you some important points. Below is a recap:
- Kids opinions matter – ask, listen and act on what they want sport to be.
- Sport can provide many lifelong benefits to kids – keep their experiences enjoyable so they stay involved.
- Kids play sport for fun, enjoyment, fitness and friends – adult behaviour should always reflect this.
- Kids do not like poor adult behaviour at sport – the effects are negative and lead to drop out.
- ‘Poor adult behaviour’ ranges from sideline yelling, criticism, negative remarks and focus on winning, through to the extreme abuse or aggression.
- Kids say adult behaviour at sport should be positive, encouraging and supportive – individual adults and clubs must take action to achieve this.