Earlier in this resource you looked at your role and the expectations that others might have on how you conduct yourself in that role. A ‘whole club’ approach takes that one step further.
A whole club approach means that child safety is part of the thinking at all levels, rather than there being ‘pockets of care’.
This sort of approach should address:
- systems and club policies that ensure child safety
- education of all people involved in the club about child safety
- monitoring expected behaviours from both adults and children at the club
- effective communication to all members, officials and volunteers about child safety
- A whole club approach means that the club is best set up to act proactively, and to respond effectively when it comes to child safety.