Again, research supports what the kids in the video are saying.
- Poor spectator behaviour
- Shouting and aggression from the side-line
- Blatant criticism
- Focus on winning and performance
- Intimidating or violent behaviour
- Discriminatory or abusive language.
A recent UK study suggested the problem is common, with 84% of parents saying that negative parental behaviour is putting kids off sport.
- Less enjoyment
- Decreased enthusiasm and motivation
- Stress and anxiety
- Feel threatened
- Lose confidence
- Negative behaviour at the game/event by young people themselves
- Drop out of sport