Increasingly, all sporting organisations are being held accountable for their governance. Governance is not only relevant to large national sporting organisations; it is important for all organisations in our sector. It is for this reason that these Sport Governance Principles were co-designed through a whole-of-sector engagement. These principles can be used throughout the Australian sport sector, from small local clubs to large national organisations, but the details and explanations tend to be most applicable to national sporting organisations and state/territory sporting organisations and seek to support those who govern sport to perform at a high standard and continually embed good governance in sport in Australia.
Key concepts covered in this course:
- a basic understanding of sport governance
- values, culture and behaviours in sport
- the strategy for sports principles
- roles and responsibilities of governances
- processes and procedures for organisations
- structure and integrity of sport